Manager, Authorised Training Employers (ATEs)
The Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants seeks suitably qualified applicants for the role of Manager, Authorised Training Employers.
The Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants has introduced its own professional accountancy qualification, the BICA, and a key element of the qualification is the Technical Work Experience (TWE) programme which entails students obtaining practical work experience from Authorised Training Employers (ATEs) while studying. BICA now wishes to recruit an appropriate individual to take responsibility for the development and management of this key area.
Reporting to the Director of Training and Professional Development, the successful candidate will:
- Manage the relationship between the BICA and the ATEs including:
- Initial authorisation of employers.
- Re-accreditation of employers.
- Advising employers.
- Be responsible for the management of the BICA student training agreement scheme, including:
- Ensuring the effective working of training agreements.
- The design and monitoring of training records.
- Monitoring the training records.
- Manage and deliver the ethics programme for students.
- Lead the formation of policy in the above areas of responsibility.
- Develop and manage the relationship with a range of partners and key stakeholders.
The candidates will have:
- The capacity to operate at both a strategic and operational level to enhance the BICA qualification and the Institute.
- Membership of the BICA (professional level)
- Substantive experience and knowledge of managing students in a professional accountancy environment (possibly as a student manager in a practicing firm) would be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with or the capacity to understand the Botswana legislative framework and practice.
A detailed job description is available from email@example.com 3972992
Terms and Conditions:
A competitive package will be available for the right candidate dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Applications: By 26th April 2013.
Should include a detailed CV and a letter indicating your interest to:
The Acting Chief Executive Officer, The BICA , Private Bag 0021, Gaborone.